Monday, May 31, 2010

300510 Disaster Strikes

What was supposed to be a long ride on the saddle to Port Dickson became a marathon nightmare on the toilet seat. By 7 am, I was dehydrated like the "Resurrection Fern" (Polypodium polypodioides) which looks dead most of the time, but springs back to life when remoisturised.
Well, I'm not like the plant which can survive extreme measures of water loss.



Resurrection Fern.
Not 2 b confused with Alien
Resurrection

No amount isotonic drink can replace the important blood salts like potassium (K+) and sodium (Na+). Like a leaked water fountain, may body spurted fluids as if I'm a squid. I became an octopus out of water, unable to wiggle even the tiniest toe. I was squished, wringed to pulp. Without this much training, Malakoff 530 km might just be another dream... I hope not.

BBB to PD that fizzled out.


Google map

No comments: